The 5-year Aeronautical Engineering Program is an undergraduate + graduate full-time program. Its starts every year in late August/early September and it takes place in the Parisian Campus (Ivry-sur-Seine). It is a full English-taught program.
Upon completion of the 5-year program, the student is rewarded with the official “diplôme d’ingénieur” equivalent to a Master’s Engineering Degree recognized internationally.
All 5 years are mandatory in order to obtain the degree.
The program is delivered in English and it is organized according to the French system.
The 5-year program is a 2+3, which means that it includes:
- 2 years of fundamentals (classe préparatoire) with in-depth studies of Basics Sciences, Engineering Sciences and a touch of Aeronautics
- Mathematics, Physics, Flight mechanics, Electronics, Algorithms etc.
- 3 years of Aeronautical Engineering courses and specializations
- in the 4th year the student will choose 1 major between Vehicles Major and Signals & Systems Major and different options
The program is based on a balance between academic and practical activities: lectures, tutorials, seminars, design consultancy, projects related to industrial environments, and internships.
The first 2 years involve many hours of study. Beginning with the 3rd and especially the 4th year, the student is the main actor in their training by choosing a major and different options allowing them to personalize their courses and obtain expertise in a field of their choice.
Business conferences and international openness provide additional skills in building student’s critical thinking and ability to make decisions.
The program includes 3 mandatory internships:
- a minimum 4-week internship at the end of the 2nd year
- a minimum 8-week internship at the end of the 4th year
- a 6-month internship during the 5th year (the second semester) –> it will most likely lead the student to their first job
During the 4th year of the program, all IPSA students pursue a study semester in one of our more than 110 partner universities in the world.
- intercultural workshops
- weekly French language classes
- IPSA student buddy
- assistance in finding accommodation and administrative procedures
- activities with IPSA International Student association
- they can also be part of one of IPSA 40 student clubs in the Parisian campus (either technical, sports, humanitarian or cultural clubs)
Complete this form and the school’s admissions team will reply to you directly.